I sit at an impasse.
I feel redundant. I am redundant.
Those words sit heavily on my shoulders. I feel like Atlas. The world around me darkens and my hand shakes ever so slightly as I sign the document that cements the words.
A business decision. Decision made. And like that I’m gone.
But the impasse continues…
I tweet. I blog. I’m the social worker. Not a social worker but the social worker.
The next generation of worker.
My job, my life, everything feels connected to one another. But how do I write about something like this without causing ripples. One affects the other.
I guess today is Day One of something new. New adventure. New beginning…and the hunt for a new job.
It’s funny. On my Twitter account @scottrhodie I have had the term ‘kilt for hire’ as part of my bio for as long as I can remember. I think I had it on my bio from the day I started using Twitter – and earlier this week I use it to create this blog.
Now here I am an actual kilt for hire. Only not literally. Well not unless you dry-clean it after use and look after it and don’t mess up my sporran.
Sorry if this feels like a ramble but my mind is all over the place at the moment. When you are not expecting something like that it kinda smacks you between the eyes and leaves you bewildered.
Hmm, maybe I should do a list?
1) Change information on Linked In
2) Calls out to some contacts
3) Hit the job sites
5) Work on some things for the next Digital Citizens event – http://digital-citizens.org/
6) Twiddle thumbs
7) Update CV
8) Work on side-project business plan
9) Raid fridge and eat something bad for me
10) Slide across tiled floors in socks
12) Make my hair into a mohawk and sing “Danke Shoen”
13) Begin the process of cover letters
14) Play with Pedro, my three-legged cat
15) Crank up some Rolling Stones
16) Lunch. Maybe Surry Hills.
17) Book out two hours to go over that old TV script that me and my mate wrote. It’s damn fucked funny.
18) More job hunting
19) Clean apartment
20) Hit the pub, do SHTBOX (Surry Hills Twitter Beer O’Clock Exchange) for those who haven’t heard of it.
24) Water (very important!)
26) Two panadol, pint of water and a chocolate bar (prevents hangovers)
28) Wake up in the middle of the night to stop Pedro scratching under the bed
29) Actually wake up
30) Drink some Irn Bru – the greatest soft drink on the planet